Art of design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamweaver Questions

3 posters

Go down

Dreamweaver Questions Empty Dreamweaver Questions

Post  bHaBiE Wed 16 Apr - 6:54

I'm a newbie, but getting there, so please bear with me!

I'm using Dreamweaver UltraDev to design a website. I have all the pages built and linked. So far so good. However there a few nagging items that I can't figure out how to do, and the online Help is not helping! They are as follows:

1. My pages are built in frames. But there are no scroll bars and I don't know how to add them. I put enough content so that it runs off the initial view, thinking the scrollbars would come in automatically, but they don't.

2. My link text shows up with underlines. I can't find a way to edit the link text so that the lines go away.

3. I would also like to add mouseover effect to the links, I believe I need javascripts for this. I think the text goes into the and , depending on the scripts. If someone could point me to a tutorial on how to put in scripts, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot everyone. This is a great forum and you've all helped me a great deal!

Cheers!

bHaBiE

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Dreamweaver Questions Empty Re: Dreamweaver Questions

Post  ghost99 Wed 16 Apr - 6:58

number 1 check this code

Code:

<frame name="nav" src="nav.php" noresize scrolling="no">
<frame name="body" src="body.php" noresize scrolling="yes">

The top one will never resize
the bottom one will always have scroll bars
This code is in your frameset page ... if scrolling is not ther add it inside the carrots and make it either yes or no

Your other 2 questions can be answered with CSS and you need to read here http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selec...-pseudo-classes

Read up on pseudo css classes
cheers

ghost99

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  bogurt32 Wed 16 Apr - 6:58

Dreamweaver will write the Javascript code of the rollover for you. Use the "Insert Rollover" button in the "Common" menu. It looks like a small picture with a pointer arrow over it.

bogurt32

Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  bHaBiE Wed 16 Apr - 6:59

hanks guys, very helpful - things are working good now!

bHaBiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum